Within the shadows and not likely a part of the overall narrative is the connection between weight problems, Covid-19 and elevated threat ranges for folks with a BMI within the hazard zone – between 30-40 + .
The Nationwide Well being Library and the Data Service have compiled this useful resource in response to the highest 5 questions the Irish public has requested.
From the authors, "The assets are listed in our estimated order of relevance to well being care practitioners confronted with this situation in an Irish context."
1. What’s the threat that an individual with weight problems will develop COVID-19 in comparison with an individual with out weight problems?
2. What’s the threat that an individual with weight problems will develop a severe sickness as a result of COVID-19?
3. How is severe sickness outlined for chubby folks with COVID-19?
4. Do folks with weight problems have the next mortality from COVID-19?
5. How does weight problems have an effect on youngsters with COVID-19? Rehabilitation after COVID-19 for overweight sufferers?
In case you have by no means measured your BMI earlier than, attempt our BMI calculator. Covid-19 and an elevated threat exist for these whose BMI is within the weight problems class.
It is a detailed useful resource that covers 5 important questions relating to Covid-19 and weight problems.
As increasingly knowledge are being compiled, particularly with regard to Lengthy Covid (a time period used to explain the consequences of Covid-19 that final for weeks or months past the unique illness), it’s extra essential than ever to grasp one's personal vulnerability consider.
It is a hyperlink to a complete report out there in PDF format.
The article Covid-19 and Elevated Danger Ranges first appeared in motivational weight administration.